The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Prestariang Systems Sdn Bhd Abu Hasan Ismail and Chief Knowledge Officer (CKO) Abdul Hamid Abdul Rahman talked about the company’s new offering called IC CITIZEN Certification; how it relates to the online behaviours in the digital world.
They also shared their opinions on the current Internet landscape and how IC CITIZEN Certification was developed in response to the growing need for responsible and safety conscious digitally-savvy citizens.
Dubbed as the World’s first certification that promotes appropriate use of technology, IC CITIZEN Certification was specially designed and developed by Prestariang Systems Sdn Bhd. This unique yet universal certification program aims to impart Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) that lays down rules of acceptable netiquette or behaviour that should be applied when operating digital devices and using the Internet. Its objectives are:
- To produce digitally literate and responsible citizens via:
* Becoming critical thinkers in analysing sources of information and communications
* Understanding ethical consequences of online behaviour
*Making ethical online decisions
- To prepare users for a society full of technology without misusing and abusing it
- To globally promote good behaviour and respect when communicating and collaborating in the digital world
- To ensure equal, secure and reliable access to Digital Media & Resources
In addition, they discussed the potential market of IC CITIZEN and how Netizen or Internet citizens can benefit from the certification.